More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day! aka: Eve of the inauguration

A Day of Service - a "day on" instead of a "day off"! Today is such a wonderful day! It reminds me of the wonderful country that the United States of America is. I hope that the upcoming months and years will help bring a sense of personal responsibility to the citizens of this great country. It is going to take each-and-every-one-of-us to take action and truly set this country back on a track of being the land of opportunity. Even during these times of uncertainty many people are still willing to risk everything to come to this country and make a better life for themselves and their families!

"Rosa sat so Martin could march Martin marched so Obama could run."


I'm feeling as though I could be getting sick, so I am not going to venture out in the snow today, but I am going to take this day to plan a few service projects for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment