More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

An excellent day!

January 22, 2009 will go down in history as an excellent day! The winter months are a difficult time of year to sustain a positive attitude. We leave for work when it's dark in the morning and come home from work in the dark. The weather is dreary. The closest I come to sunlight is through my classroom window! On my way to work this morning I was reflecting upon the lack of success I've had with my classes over the past week. I thought to myself...what can I do...what can I do...? I told myself that today the only change I am going to make today is this...

"Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?" ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering

Will my positive attitude and a happy smile on my face make the students in my classroom be motivated to learn and willing to behave appropriately in order for the best learning to be able to take place?

The answer (today) is: YES!

My students were excellent in every sense of the word: participatory, motivated, encouraging, patient, creative, curious...etc...

Very exciting to see immediate results! Such a small change with such a huge impact!


Also, the 7th grade girls knitting club is a huge success! The girls want to knit at lunch and during all their free time. Which is AWESOME! Life skill. Harpeth Hall, a local, all girl private school donated over 80 scarves to our school's students. We let the knitting club look through all the scarves and analyze the different stitches and then they each got to choose their own scarf! They were thrilled and very inspired. Here's a horrible picture of my group!


No comments:

Post a Comment