More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Knitting

Knitting is so fun...and rewarding! You can sit around and chat while you make a beautiful product! I've started a mini-knitting club at school with 8 7th grade girls.

Sorry about the image quality. This was taken on my camera phone. From left to right" Keosha, Tian, Jontinea, myself, Latoya, Ashley and in the front Kanisha and Bria.

These girls are unbelievable knitters. None of them had ever knitted before and they picked it up in about an hour. We meet 3 times a week for 50 mins. We are each knitting our own scarf.

I just started working with this knew "yarn". It's called flounce from Joanne's Fabric. It is really easy to work with and the result is so original. Check it out:












This scarf did not take half as long to make as it would with regular yarn! Total of about 3 hours or so (I'm totally estimating because I did not do this in one or even 2 sittings) Here is the finished product. Looks like a good Valentine's Day gift for someone!

Here's the finished product:


2 comments:

  1. That looks super cute Laura! I'll have to go get myself some of that flounce stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see mee up there!! lolz. ^-^

    ReplyDelete