More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Monday, January 19, 2009

livingroom -> bathroom project

Well, this started out as a living room project and has now become a guest bathroom project due to the "neon-ness" of the colors I chose. Good thing is that I've been thinking about what to put on the wall in the bathroom, and I still hadn't found anything. Problem solved! I painted 2 coats of my base colors on this yesterday evening and today I'm going to write: Wash Brush Floss Flush. I'm worried about my handwriting, but you know - if you don't try you'll never know.


Before
Here are some pictures of my guest bathroom so you get an idea of what colors I'm working with. - The canvas will go on the wall in front of the toilet above the towel rack.





By the way...this shower curtain started out as a square tablecloth from Williams Sonoma. I just made button holes on one of the 4 sides and hung it on shower rings!

My husband really likes the manliness of the colors and pattern!

Here is the first coat of black paint on the canvas. Needs at least one or two more coats! And I'm not even sure I like the lettering...but what you gonna do now?

During

Well, it's done. I'm not completely satisfied with the finished product, but for now it will have to do. Jason helped me hang it.




After

No comments:

Post a Comment