More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An exciting day!

There is electricity in the air today! Enough said!

I've been looking for a "head and footboard" for our guest bedroom's queen size bed. I put head and footboard in quotes because it doesn't necessarily have to be an actual head/footboard just something I could make into a head/foot board. So...I'm a craigslist addict and I check it weekly...well to be honest every other day or so (so sad, I know, but you can just search a few words see if there's anythig you're looking for...only a few moments) Yesterday I saw these wooden window shutters.



I'm going to check them out tomorrow after work...well, actually Jason is going to check them out, and to be perfectly honest he's not exactly thrilled about it. Last time I "made/asked" him to do a craigslist exchange for me let's just say it wasn't exactly the smoothest transaction. Which is very ironic because ALL my experiences have gone very smoothly and successfully. Let's just hope this exchange is not in any way similar to his last!

To describe the shutters: 47" high and 15" wide In going to get 8 for $30
The queen size bed is 59" wide wich means 4 x 15" shutter will only stick out 1/2" on each side! Perfect!

The vision is this:
1. place 4 of the 8 shutters as the headboard attached "somehow"
2. cut the remaining 4 shutters down to a reasonable hight and attach them together "somehow" and make the footboard

I know what you're thinking...very vague plans...I'll keep you posted!

Here is what the bedding looks like...hoping the blue will match the blue in the comforter.



We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. I think the shudders would be cute, i'll try to come up with a way to attach them other than "somehow" for ya!

    ReplyDelete