More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Kitchen - my favorite room

Recently all of my free time and free money has been spent on improvements and decorations to my first house my husband and I purchased in August! We love having our own home, and I truly find things every day that I could fix/change/buy/improve! It's fun but can often be overwhelming. I must keep reminding myself that I have all the time in the world to get these things done. I'm going to post some current picture of the house, so you can check it out. Feel free to offer any suggestions or critiques.














Some of these pictures were taken while the house was still decorated for Christmas...Here are the picture of my kitchen and eat in dinning area. This weekend I had Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon off work, so I immediately started thinking about what project(s) I could do. I was and still am thinking about covering my kitchen cabinet knobs in the same fabric I made the kitchen curtains out of. My husband isn't a big fan, but...he's not exactly a decorating expert, so I compromised for the time being and put the fabric over 3 of the knobs with a rubber band just for us to test it out for a period of time and then decide if we'd like to cover the rest or just abort the mission...I suspect he will give in and I will end up proceeding on with the project.

Since that project became unavailable for this weekend I decided to tackle the tiny lamp shade on the kitchen chandelier. I made my own 1/4" bias tape out of the same fabric as my kitchen curtains and hot glued it to the top and bottom edges of the 5 lamp shades. I was most excited about the fact that I didn't have to purchase anything to complete this project. I already had the fabric leftover and all I did was remove the previous ribbon (which was so ugly) from the white silk shades and attach the new trim. FREE! my favorite kind of project!





I've talked a lot about my kitchen curtains...they were my first project for the house and the first time I had ever sewn curtains before. Check them out:





Alright, enough for tonight. I'll update with the rest of the house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment