More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

spring break Project: Bonus room

I had little to no official plans for spring break which sounded very relaxing. I decided to take on a few projects around the house. One of which was to find a daybed with a trundle to replace the red love seat in the bonus room. Per request of my husband: I had to sell the love seat before I purchased a daybed. I posted the love seat on craigslist and had a buyer within 2 hours. Such a lovely lady and her two sons. Hopefully they are enjoying the love seat. Jason was a little sentimental about this piece of furniture reminding me that it was the first piece of furniture we ever bought together... I just wanted to get the money to put towards the new daybed. haha

Here is the beloved love seat.

The master plan: currently our house has limited "official sleeping" locations. There is a king bed in the master bedroom, queen bed in the guest bedroom and two very large comfortable couches in the bonus room. The red love seat was too small for anyone to sleep on and only 2 people could sit on it at a time...so...I would like to replace the love seat with a daybed and trundle therefore providing 2 more locations for guests to sleep.

The day after the love seat was picked up and paid for by a craigslist purchaser I found this lovely daybed with 2 mattresses and trundle. The piece was a little ugly on the surface, but I saw true potential!


Before I painted the frame.



Please excuse the blue shutters (that I have still not turned into a head and foot board) next to the trundle frame.

I primed and painted the daybed frame with a satin red paint.


I found a demi-ish and white stripe twin bed sheet to put over the mattress. I also bought the large red and white plaid fabric to make the euro pillows and a matching curtain.


The last thing I did was paint the previously bronze lamps the same color red as the bed frame.


Over all I would consider the spring break project: bonus room a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment