More about LAURA

My photo
Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher! Life is good!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

New "crazy bright" front door

Let me start by saying...I do think the door color is a little bright :) I'm not going to try and blame this on the fact that this is not the color I chose...because it is...but I do NOW think that a shade darker might have been a little more pleasing to the eyes. Hopefully it won't horrify any of the neighbors...or even worse have any of them call the home owners association on us...Because a part of me likes that it's bright and crazy.

Here is the door at Christmas time:


After: I obviously painted the door and the glass door hardware (trying to slowly but surely get rid of the gold accents in the house)

Here is a close up of the handle in the new brushed bronze color:

I also made a lovely wreath to accessorize the very bright door. total cost $6.00

Started with a pre-made grapevine wreath from Joann's for $3.99

Added zebra print, hemp, red, and blue polk-a-dotted ribbons (all that I already had except the zebra print from Joann's for $1.00) and made a large bow - attached with wire


Close up of the bow:

I added the paper mache letter "H" and painted it the with the same paint color that the door used to be (for nostalgia purposes)

Accessorizing the very bright door

From the walkway:

No comments:

Post a Comment